Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dees Angel - Update

Well the work on this one continues to be slow the dress is proving to be the nightmare I thought it would be with lots of gold thread and just to top it off I have made a mistake but cant stand the thought of unpicking all that gold thread so Im hoping no one will notice Bring on Christmas and by then this will be finished I will never do this one again So if you want the patten let me know

6 comments:

  1. I've always believed that if you don't tell anyone there is a mistake, no one else will see it! After all, it is a creation, and only G-d can make a perfect creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ue shorter strands of your metallic threads and run your thread through wax just one time it will be so much easier to handle...The wax and using shorter threads will help your thread not twist up and etc. Just a thought from somebody who used 80 Skeins of Metallic Threads in a project one time.

    Your Angel is looking just beautiful...

    Take care & Happy Stitching
    Hugs :) from Linda K, Railroad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ange is looking just wonderful. Trust me no one will ever know about the "mistake" that you made.
    If you want to give that pattern to someone,
    I would LOVE to have it.
    Email me at: lilturtle1@msn.com for my addy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Angel is looking great! I won't tell if you won't that you made a mistake:)

    Mary in IN

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I view mistakes a little differently...it's only a mistake if it changes the whole picture or causes a chain reaction of making up for it. I wonder how many of us have mistakes and never know it? Love all your pieces and would like to know who the designer is for the colorful ladies? I have the train of dreams in my stash...loved the books part :)And your angel is gorgeous!
    hugs, babs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful work though....I absolutely love it, but wouldn't attempt it. My son loves vehicles.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete